Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Monday, January 4, 2010

Why Banting ?

I used to ponder upon that question in the past, when things seems so bleak and dark, when I was searching for the sun to shine on me.

Soon, I accept that it is part of God's plan for me - to be a better person, to be a responsible person, to gain more knowledge. I realized that God is blessing me in His own special way. There were lots of graduates who could not find a work, but here I am, fresh out of university and I landed on a job that most people envy of me (till now)... A job that opens to world beyond the one I know, a job that opened me to know the universe and whats in there.

Today, a friend of mine asked that question again. When I was about to give him the answer, something struck me or my heart actually. Something that I have never thought about. I gave too much credit to myself. Everything was for me but God corrected me today. He said to me - "I placed you in Banting, so that you can be my instrument to serve my people there."

I don't know for sure if it is God who is speaking to me, but I like to think so. It really felt as though He is speaking to me.

Last year was a year full of challenge in serving Him at Banting, a year where I was hurt and bruised, where I decided to acknowledged my defeat, my limited capacity, energy and resigned from holding any position in the church. I retreated back to a world of my own, serving from the back, no longer fore front.

Now, as I have made peace with myself, I am ready once again to be Your Intrument, O Lord. Teach me Lord, not to carry all on my shoulder, but to let Your Wisdom be my guidance in everything that I do.

This is the prayer I would like to begin my year with. To acknowledge that I am ready to serve You, O Lord, with my heart and my mind.

No comments: