Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Friday, November 4, 2011

D Day Has Come.... Finally

The date is 24th October 2011, and I woke up with a feeling, "This is gonna be another long preggy day for me... " Received a message early in the morn from my colleague, asking me whether I'll be attending the training on vibration today. Thus I replied, "Yes, I'll be there" since I am not giving birth at any time.

Syg was abit jealous, coz I get to wake up later since my training venue was only a 5 mins drive away. This morning, syg decided to speak to the baby, telling the baby where to go out... It was kinda funny, but at the same time, I felt as though the baby heard the daddy's voice because I started feeling contraction there and then. So throughout the whole day of training, I was 1/3 listening, 1/3 replying office email, and 1/3 counting and timing my contraction.

I was lucky coz the training finished earlier. So, by 4pm, I reached home and continue to reply emails and settle some other issues. It was raining quite heavily when I had to make a run (in a car, of course) to the nearby shop to print out something. Brought Daniel back ealier and cooked dinner for all of us. The minute syg reached home, I told him, "Let's go hospital once we finished our dinner."

I have never seen an atmosphere where the two boys were absolutely in hyper mood. Was it because somehow they knew ? Anyway, we had to drop Daniel off with my mum, since we are not sure if I'll be sent back or admitted straight away. By this time, the contraction is pretty close - about 10mins per contraction, which lasts about 45 seconds to 1 minute.

By the time we reached hospital, I was brought to the labor room to be checked for the following: a) baby's heartbeat, b) contraction and its duration. The nurse was very nice and she told us the contraction is indeed about 7mins apart, but unfortunately, the opening was only 1cm. Long time more. So I asked them, "Does this mean we can go back to the house?" She said she will need to check with my gynae first. After giving a call to my gynae, the result was to have me admit to the wad awaiting delivery. While syg went and proceed with admission process, I was lying down, still counting my contractions. Finally, we have our room - Room 249. The last time, it was room 246. Hehehe...

Luckily, TV2 was airing Nujum Pak Belalang at that night, so we were watching the show, enjoying as though we were holidaying. As midnight is approaching, the contraction was getting more and more painful, until I had to ask syg to get the nurse in for a checkup. As the nurse checked me, she was in for a surprise. I had dilated and the opening is now 5cm. I was wheeled to the labor room at midnight, and in the labor room, the pain was getting worse till at one time I was almost screaming while being put on with the laughing gas. The nurse kept telling, "Don't push yet, don't push yet. Doc will be here soon,"

"Where the hell is the doctor", screamed my heart. I knew this baby is impatient to come out, as the baby was already trying to push her way down and out. Finally the doctor arrived and straight away they prepared me for delivery. It wasn't very long, by 2nd push the baby was out, and of course, it caused me quite a few stiches as well. All in all, 40mins in the labour room was all it took.

So, there you are - Elisha Egbert Adolf, borned on the 25th October 2011. Indeed God answered my prayer for a quick and short delivery, albeit no less painful than the first one. This time it was too quick till I didn't even have the time for painkiller injection and vacuum extract. Good sign, I guessed. But still doc has to burst my water bag first, and from my syg told me, the entire waterbag wanted to come out already, showing how impatient this baby girl was.

All I can say after the delivery ordeal was - "Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus."


No comments: