Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Friday, March 5, 2010

Different Ways To Fast

Usually, comes Lent season, I would be thinking, "Ok, this is the time for me to fast, to give up food." But a friend of mine sent me this powerpoint presentation which says, "Lets try a different way of fasting. Instead of giving up food only, lets try... "

Fast from anger and hatred
Give your family an extra dose of love each day...

Fast from judging others
Before judging others, recall how Jesus overlooks our faults

Fast from discouragement
Hold on to Jesus's promise that He has perfect plan for your life

Fast from complaining
When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall the little blessings that Jesus gave you

Fast from resentment or bitterness
Forgive those who may have hurt you

Fast from spending too much money
Try to reduce spending by ten percent and give those savings to the poor

Spend extra time for personal prayer

I pray that this season of Lent will help me to be more grateful and thankful with the gift of Jesus in my life. And to be more grateful and thankful for the gift of my family - my syg and little Daniel.

No comments: