Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Incomplete Renewal of Baptism

Yeah, that was my experience on Easter Vigil. Apparently, the Priest forgot to sprinkle the entire community with the newly blessed holy water.

Ironically, he said, "I am sorry, it was my fault, BUT if the commentator has reminded me about it, I would not have forgotten."

And the Priest would not even have mentioned about that incident had I not asked him. He was more concern about why one of the English hymm was sung without any music to it.

Prior to the start of the mass, I noticed the altar has been decorated (which is a no-no, coz the altar will only be decorated after the 3rd / 7th reading) and when I approached him that night, his answer was "To save time." I was astounded to hear his answer and couldn't say anything. After all, he is the kind that doesn't like people to question his ways. And because of that, one of the parishioners (which is very dear to me, and the backbone of the church) was upset and refuse to talk to the Priest. I can understand her feelings as she spend her entire afternoon trying to coordinate the decoration of the altar, the ringing of the bell and others.

The next morn when the Priest called me, he told me that it was the sacristian's fault as the Priest only wanted to have the small piece of white cloth on the altar, not the entire white cloth that was meant for decoration. And he further said that when I asked him about the altar, only then he realized what the sacristian had done and he said it was too late to do anything as mass was about to begin in 5 mins.

Now, why is it 2 version of answers from the same man ? And I don't agree when he said it was too late to rectify the error. He still has 5 mins, what is so hard to go up to the altar and remove the cloth ? Yeah, the church was filled but it shouldn't hinder one to go and rectify the error rather that just to leave it erroneous all the way!

And now, the Priest wants me to be his middleman, to tell the parishioner whom he had hurt, that it was the sacristian's fault. The priest's concern was no one will continue doing the parishioner's task in the church.

I am reluctant to do as he said and repeatedly mentioned to the Priest that he is the one who should talk to the parishioner. His reply was "What am I suppose to do if she didnt want to talk to me yesterday?" And I told the Priest, "There is still tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow."

What is going on in the church now ? Why is the Priest making excuses and putting the blame on others ?

No comments: