Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Biggest Loser (Couple Season)

I was watching Biggest Loser Couples Season 2 (I think), which was shown last night on Hallmark channel. These reality shows always put me to tears as I was so touched by the commitment they are putting in in order to change their lifestyle.

Last night's show was the 2nd last episode where they were down to four - Tara, Helen, Mike and Ron. And last night's show was the show that made me cry the entire time. They were given the final challenge - marathon. A whopping 26.2 mile was the distance they have to run, and marathon was never in the list of exercise and not even contemplating to do marathon at all. So, for all the finalists to be able to realize that they can actually do it and finish it was amazing. Tears rolled down as I saw each and everyone of them finishing the race. Some ran, some walk and they all had people cheering them on, running alongside with them.

I was pratically sobbing the way I see how determined Ron was to finish the marathon. Though he was the last in the group, and with an injury to the knee, plus blood pressure shoot up as he was at 9th mile, he continued. It may took him 13 hours to finally finish the race, but for me, I dare say, he had won that night. Knowing that he can't go on, he did. Knowing that his injury will hampered him, he marched on. Waiting on the other end was his son, Mike, also with tears rolling down.


I began to realized that only strong determination can pull us through. And whatever that happen in our life, our families and loved ones are there to anchor us. And that's all that matters. No matter who tries to bring us down, we will stand up again with the support of our family.

No comments: