Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Thursday, July 17, 2008

Car Broke Down !

Just imagine on jam-packed Sunday afternoon, cars are basically bumper-to-bumper scenario, your car's cluth suddenly failed you and you are stuck, right in the middle of the 3 lanes !

Scary ?

Yup, that was what happened to me last Sunday ! The clutch suddenly gave some scary sound, and poops, it went dead. I was unable to engage into any gear at all, thus had to leave the car's hazard lights on immediately. I was thankful that no car came and honk me, or worse, bang me from behind as it was very jam that day.

Having 4 ladies in the car makes it even more difficult to move the car away to the emergency lane though I know that should be the thing to do while awaiting for two truck to arrive. Unless I was not pregnant, I could probably do that. But since I am pregnant, I decided to sit in the car (in the middle lane) while awaiting for some kind hearted stranger to assists us.

God was kind to us, He gave us 2 angels to help us pushed the car to the emergency lane. God bless these to Malay samaritans. Finally, we are out of danger. So, we waited patiently for the truck to come Meanwhile, made some changes to the plan whereby asked my mum and sis to take a cab to Mid Valley and later we (me and syg) will come and pick them up at Mid Valley.

So, now everything went according to plan B. Truck came and mum took a cab, me followed back to service centre, and there, upon seeing the familiar Kembara parked by the road side, and my syg waiting for me, you got to imagine the amount of relief that I felt at that time. Syg came immediately from church meeting (which I escaped coz need to bring Mum to Mid Valley to get new pinafore for my youngest sis). I was so thankful to God for keeping all of us safe from any harm.

Talked to Mr Teoh about the incident and was rather sad that should the worse case scenario happen (have to change the entire clutch pad), the cost will be around RM500. And that was excluding the towing service, which amounted to RM150. Well, things happened and nothing much can be done about it. After all, there is a need to spend this money - is for our safety after all.

Then , I made a prayer - I actually did. I asked God to have mercy on us, coz money is certainly very tight for us now. Whats more with the baby coming and the purchase of the house. God does listen to our prayers. A thorough check on the car revealed that only the clutch cable and some minor repairs need to be done. So, all in all, I spent RM185 for it.

Thank you God - for listening to our prayer, for keeping us safe from harm.

I love you, Jesus !

No comments: