Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Friday, November 28, 2008

Fatwa on Yoga

** Updated **

A note of thanks to Awa for correcting me. Fatwa is meant for Malaysian Muslim. The error is much regretted.

Hehehe, macam wartwan akhbar pulak.... Kekekeke...

** Previous**

I am not so sure why are the Hindus protesting on this Fatwa issued by the Jabatan Agama Islam.

Fatwa is and will always be meant for kaum melayu. They are not banning yoga for everyone, so why is there a ruckus? Why are the Hindus making some sort of protests ?

Personally, I think they just wanna make an issue.

I am sure all of us can continue practicing yoga, minus the spiritual part of course. Or, if we are so "scared" that doing yoga will make us unfaithful, then instead of chanting the Hindu prayer, we pray in our own separate ways. For example, me as a Catholic, what I can do is, while doing yoga, I could probably pray the Prayer of Rosary... Now, that's an idea ....

We have been taught in school every Monday morn assembly, when a student is reciting the prayer, the rest of us who are non-Muslim, to pray in our own ways... That is the beauty of Malaysia - multi religion. We respected our peers while we are in school, why not now ? Does that mean that as we grow older we don't have to respect other people ?

I think it is time to go back to the fundamental of each religion - "Respect others as you would like to be respected."

2 comments:

sitinurulhawa said...

Dear Lai leng,

Muslim and Malay are 2 different entities.
Fatwa is meant for muslim not malay. But, not all muslim in the world. In this case Malaysian muslim.
And I'm totally agree with you, we should respect each other.

"To you be your Way, and to me mine" Al-Quran 109:6

Btw, I don't see the issue because Yoga as physical practice is still allowed. But the practitioner must have full understanding on what are doing so they wont cross the line.
I also think, JAKIM should come out with a guide for muslim Yoga practitioner. They have to educate the people, not only mengeluarkan hukum.

Elena Woo Lai Leng said...

Hehehe, thanks Awa for correcting my mistake.