Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Monday, July 11, 2011

Team Building

I had the first team building session back in 2005 at Setiu, Terengganu. That time, the participants were only from PAN, none from HQ, Planet, not to mentioned even Langkawi.

It was in Setiu I had my first experience of walking in the jungle at night, alone and separated from the rest, (with only a rope to guide me), building a raft and using it while ensuring that we won't fall into the lake, flying fox (scared the hell out of me, jumping of from a tower three four stories high and slide all the way to the side of the lake) as well as some other form of exercise.

All of these had only one aim - to build up the team. At that time, we had already bonded, through some experience we shared among ourselves, so going for a team building was indeed fun for us coz we treated it like an outdoor camp.

The second team building was conducted just recently, over the weekend at Trolak. The place was indeed much nicer and cozier compared to Setiu and we had a even bigger group. This time, it is a combination of all the campuses in ANGKASA. But it was rather tiring for me at least, coz we were already attending training 5 days before, and we had to attend team building over the weekend before coming back to finish another 5 days of training.

And with more people attending this time, got to know and get close to more colleagues, but I am not very sure whether it changes anything in the way we work. I seriously doubt it but hopefully, it will give me more patience ...

No comments: