Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Monday, June 23, 2008

2nd Check Up

Went for my 2nd check up last sat. Baby is doing fine. Is already 12 weeks old, and 6cm in length and I am now officially into my 2nd trisemester.

Asked Dr a few questions - on delivery packages, jauntice, accelerated heart beat. Dr. BK Tan answered all my questions, giving into detail on terms & conditions for the delivery package here in Selangor Medical Centre, i.e. what other additional charges they will charge me, etc...

Now, Dr. BK Tan has actually given us an option - to go for blood test for risk of baby having down syndrome. The test does not confirm whether the baby will be a down syndrome baby. All it does is actually to say if it is high-risk or low-risk. If low-risk, then I am safe for the possibility is actually 1 in every 600 woman, especially women that are of older age. If high-risk, then I need to go for another test (that is to test the water in my uterus,I think) for a confirmation.

I am in a dilemma - Should I go for this test (which cost about RM 200) or should I just pray that my baby will be normal and wait till delivery ? I think I should go for the test. But I am afraid somehow... I dunno ....

Confuse, confuse ....

1 comment:

enet said...

pray for a healthy baby dear, and go for the test.... knowing how things are makes us better prepared for things to come.... and makes us breathes easier.... at least thats what my other pregnant friends say la....


take care dear!