Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unprofessional At All....

Coming back to work after wedding was indeed a frightful event to me ... Why ?

  1. I was shouted at for applying 6-days of leave during Chinese New Year. Reason given: I took too much leave for my wedding (I actually took only 10 days for my wedding from 19 Dec till 5 Jan). She counted total days that I have taken for the whole year of 2007 (which was around 20 days and I still have a balance of 63 days in the year of 2008). She does not allowed me to take 6 days, gave me two options: a) to give her a reason on why I should allowed to have 6 days leave, or b) revised my application. I told her that I had actually bought the honeymoon package, that was why I needed the holidays, but instead, she said, "I don't care. Who asked you to go and buy without asking for approval?"
  2. I got so upset, the entire week I couldn't focus. I went back to her on Fri and requested for 4 1/2 days. I decided that I will revised my application and come to work still on the CNY Eve and on the following Mon for half day since I will be leaving in the evening. Thank God she agreed.
  3. Was given the task to design and build a Cubesat. But since hasn't decided on mission yet, so entire group was broken into smaller groups. Me and my colleague was looking at Error Detection and Correction. When presented, got bombarded by her. I accepted the critism, and thought I didn't do good enough. Finally, we settled our mission. Did a few more discussion, concentrating on Onboard Data Handling and off I go for my CNY break.
  4. CNY went on well, really enjoyed my time, with my husband ... Even got a CNY message from her, which I thought, "OK, everything should be well again."
  5. Came back on Mon for a while, before flying off to Bali. Asked her permission to leave early which she said, "OK."
  6. Came back from Bali and went to work on Mon as usual. Concentrating on the project.
  7. Came to Fri, approached one of her apprentice (orang kanan boss) on some special protocol and telecommand channels. Both questions were not answered, at the same time, was giving me this look and saying "I don't understand what you are saying. That is your job, not mine." I got the shock of my life, hearing what she said and was thinking, "What happened? Aren't we in the same group? Isn't that the same as what you taught me last time? What kind of attitude is that? Real B***H!"
  8. Came to work on Sat on Sun as well, and when on Sun, we each presented our slides (as a preparation) she doesn't even look at me while answering my questions. I didn't know what happened so I continue trying to be nice.
  9. Mon was a disaster. I presented my subsystem, the boss didn't even said a single word. Earlier, she mentioned to the leader of the project that my report was "BAD, TERRIBLE" and she further said that I copied entirely from one of the example. I felt hurt, but I know I didn't do anything like that, so I wasn't afraid at all. Berani kerana benar !
  10. Since she didn't gave any comment at all, I decided to go and see her but she replied "Nope, I am busy." She refused to see me! I was so upset .... Why? Why did she hate me ? Was it because of the 6 days holiday that I wanted to take ?
  11. Finally - I knew the answer. There was a "Surat Layang" which was sent to Biro Pengaduan Awam, JPA, KSN, MOSTI saying how she misuse her power, providing a very uncondusive place to work, asking her staff to do high-risk job, etc.... And she told a few staffs that I was the one who wrote that surat layang...

Bottom line ??? She tendered in her resignation letter - after our HR personnel informed her that Deputy Director General wanted to have a meeting with all the staff, without her being present. Said it was a bruise to her dignity and therefore, she resigned.

Ironic part was that, I didn't even know about the letter until after she announced her resignation and DDG is coming over to our office. Then only, someone good hearted enough to tell me that there is actually this letter, and she accused me of writing that letter.

How do I feel now ? I guessed in a way my hurt when deeper than I thought. I lost all my respect for her, and I find it extremely difficult to forgive her and her "konco-konco" - who blindly followed whatever crap she said without even the guts to come and approach me to clarify things up. She is bias, unprofessional, emotional and irrational ...

3 years of being under her - one does wonder how many galens of water I have shed over whatever she said. No more now... Hopefully things will be brighter.

No comments: