Disclaimer

This site's content is meant to be a place to vent
out anger, frustration, happiness, sadness and all other kinds of emotions. So,
read at your own risk ....


Monday, August 25, 2008

Monthly Checkup

We went for our monthly checkup last Sat.

Was planning to consult doc on the various issues like :
  1. Am I still having UTI (Urinary Track Infections) ?
  2. Result of Triple Test ?
  3. My weight ?
  4. Feotal movement
  5. Travelling by plane

Let me explain the first one. What is UTI ?

UTI is actually the presence of bacteria found in the urine, which if it is not treated, it will lead to kidney problems which will lead to premature birth. Naturally, I was worried when the hospital called me 2 weeks ago to ask me to come to the hospital. I asked the nurse what was wrong. Was it something wrong with my blood test a.k.a Triple Test ? She said no, it was the urine test. The pathology lab found traces of bacteria in it. So, I asked her - is it serious ? She put me to talk to Dr. BK Tan. So, doc assured me that it is not so serious but I still need to take some antibiotic. I went to the hospital 2 days later to get the antibiotic. I opted not to see the doc as doc said it is not critical and I can choose to see him according to my scheduled appointment.

So, after 1 week of taking the antibiotics, and another week of waiting, I went for my monthly checkup last Sat. This time doc even told me how to "catch" the urine sample, and truth betold - my urine test was fine. All I need to do is just to wipe it clean, release the first stream of urine (and beware not to let the urine touches the side of the vagina as this is where all the bacteria stays) and catch it. Hehehehe.... So glad that it was because of my worng technique.

Result of Triple Test

Triple test was actually a blood test. They called it Triple because it includes a test to check the percentage of the baby having Down Syndrome. Doc told me that this test is a must in other countries but in Malaysia, the government does not enforce it. But now, most of private hospital encourage their patients to do this test. I did a check on the Internet as well and found that even goevernment hospitals in countries like UK made this test a compulsory test.

And the result came out is NEGATIVE. Meaning to say, the chances of my baby having down syndrom is 1 in every 50,000 babies. Which is small. So, now I don't have to worry about my baby having Down Syndrome. God's blessing is certainly upon us.

My Weight

This is also another issue that I am afraid. The last check-up I have gained 3 kg and now the recent check up, I have gained another 3 kg. All in all, from the first check to the fourth checkup, I have gained a total of 8kg. Scary or not ? Doc said it is a little higher than the normal 2 kg, which I should gain in a month. I am still within the normal range - 8 to 12 kg for the whole of 9 months. Um, what should I do ? Can't go on diet. Jus have to make sure I eat healthy food, exercise a bit (which is something I did not do at all) and stay out of junk food. I must also try and eat small bits but frequent, rather than eating all the time. I hope this time I can manage to stay within the average rate.

Feotal Movement

I mentioned to doc that I am still unable to recognize any feotal movement. Sometimes it made me kinda scared not feeling any movement. Is my baby alive or what ? So, last Sat, I asked the Doc to show me the feotal movement. And my God, the feeling of watching the baby arm raised up, flexing his tiny fingers was indeed a joy to look at. And it is a marvelous feeling having watched the tiny one moving in your stomach and to learn it is slowly growing. My baby at this moment doesnt move a lot. He only raised up is arms once a while, flexing his fingers or gripping it. How I wish I can have this kind of monitor at home so that I can watch to my heart's content the movement of my baby. Hehehehehe....

Travelling By Plane

I will be going back to Sabah this Thurs, together with syg. So, need to get doc's consent whether I am ok to fly or not. Doc said is ok. I am only 21 weeks. is only when I am 28 weeks and above that I shouldnt be travelling at all.

So, all in all, I am healthy, my syg is healthy and my baby is healthy. Thanks be to God.

Muahhh ....

No comments: